Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2003 6:44:57 AM EDT
I have an ARMS #45, #38S-EX, and #39-SR.  They all have a small rail system on the left side of the reciever area.  Can anyone tell me what it's for and provide a picture and/or link?

I've also put this question in the lights/lasers forum, since someone told me it was for a laser, but I haven't gotten any responses so I'm relocating it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:13:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I did ask the same question to the folks at ARMS a while ago. I did not get any answer because, according to ARMS, the application of the rails are classified. WOW!

As far as I know those were designed especially for the RANGERS.

3rdtk, any words?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#2]
If they were classified you wouldn't have one. I have no doubt that what ARMS said was not that they are classified, but proprietary as to what goes on them.
Jack
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:57:28 AM EDT
[#3]
It may be the mount for the reciever mounted M203 sight.

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I think we may have a winner.  The only M203 sights that I've actually seen were for a carryhandle mount, but that makes the most sense that it's for a modified version of the M203 sight.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:03:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah it's the only accessory I can think of that mounts at the left side of the upper reciever.

It's funny that all M203 equipped M-16's I have seen have 2 sighting systems (the front sight and forend sight combo and the quadrant sight in back)

No one I know uses the quadrant sight but it is still put on all the M203's (slang for a M-16 mounting a 203)  Maybe it allows better sighting from prone when the stock is set on the ground?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:27:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you...
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:44:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll take my chances.

What that means to me is that you could tell me but then you would have to attempt to kill me. HE HE HE.  

We'll see if you succeed.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top