Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/5/2003 6:45:43 PM EDT
I just bought a TA01 so I could use it on my fixed handle AR and my flattop AR. Am I going to have problems on my flattop since the BDC is set up for carry handle use? I do know I will have to rezero every time I swith from one to the other.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just bought a TA01 so I could use it on my fixed handle AR and my flattop AR. Am I going to have problems on my flattop since the BDC is set up for carry handle use? I do know I will have to rezero every time I swith from one to the other.
View Quote

Yes - to mount the TA01 on your flat top rifle you'll end up putting mount like the ARMS #19 (picture is of the 19ACOG as ARMS is missing the plain #19 picture)

[img]http://www.armsmounts.com/images/19ACOG.JPG[/img]

[img]http://www.trijicon-inc.com/parts/TA01.jpg[/img]

For "tactical" use you'll not notice the shift in zero using good quality mounts on the lines of the ARMS but each rifle will have it's own zero location. Recording the difference between the two in clicks you ought to be able to get close enough for government work.

I'd just put the sight on the carry handle rifle and look for something else for the flat-top like the Aimpoint Comp "red-dot-'o-death".
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey the NSN has the flattop NSN mount- is the BDC adjusted for a flat top or is it the same reticle.

J
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:00:29 PM EDT
[#3]
TA01 = 20" carry handle 55 grain ammo

TA01NSN = 14.5" flat top 62 grain ammo

They have different reticles.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:29:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks little buddy! [wave]

J
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#5]
What is the the ACOG answer for:

16"flattop 55gr bullet= ????
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:26:23 PM EDT
[#6]
The same scope works fine. You just have to sight it in 1" above the POA at 100 yards. Everything else is right ont he money out until 500 yards. See the tacked post on BDCs on top of the optics forum.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top