Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2003 5:32:53 PM EDT
 Can the sight be mounted directly onto a flat top receiver?  Or will I need to get an adapter/base for it?

mm
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:11:41 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah it's made to be mounted directly to a flat top.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:09:11 AM EDT
[#2]
no additional mounting hardware necessary, and it co-witnesses perfectly.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:51:25 AM EDT
[#3]
yeah it co-whitnesses perfectly as long as you don't use any adaptor or base (like a SIR #45 C or M)

If you get the SIR get the bi-level or you are screwed.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#4]
 Ok, thanks all.  Just what I wanted to hear.  I shyed away from some other sights because they needed an adapter/mount to install them on a flat top.

mm
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:10:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Is the EO Tech and the Bushnell HoloSight the same unit?  They look the same with the exception of the hood over the EO and the manufacturers spec's are exactly the same. ??????????
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I mount my Holosight to a SIR 45 with QD mounts, so if she goes down I can get her off very quickly.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is the EO Tech and the Bushnell HoloSight the same unit?  They look the same with the exception of the hood over the EO and the manufacturers spec's are exactly the same. ??????????
View Quote

The Bushnell is made by EOTech, just not mil-spec tough. Don't think it uses the A65 reticle either.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:18:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Bushy AK Shorty.  I can mount the EOTech directly to this model and it will co-witness perfectly?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:28:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have a Bushy AK Shorty.  I can mount the EOTech directly to this model and it will co-witness perfectly?
View Quote

It should be no problem.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:02:55 PM EDT
[#10]
EOTECH comes with a thumbscrew mount as well as a hexnut mount.  If you have a SIR45 or other forend that may mount your EOTECH to high to cowitness use the thumbscrew.  If you lose battery power it is quick to rid the weapon of the EOTECH and go manual.........ideally of course it would be great if EOTECH could deal with this prob.  I use an EO w/ my SIR45 at times and it is no big deal.  I do not have to worry about losing power due to days of "on" time though!  Take er easy!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top