Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/25/2003 10:51:13 PM EDT
which scope is better or are they for different roles thinking about getting 1 of these and getting rid of my ta01 nsn what is the reticle like on the us optics
Link Posted: 4/26/2003 8:54:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got very little experience with US Optics. However, this is what I believe. The ACOG will be smaller and lighter without giving up anything on durability. I believe the US Optics unit will be powered by batteries, the ACOG is not. Just a couple brief comments. I'd like to hear someone who has used both somethat regularly chime in myself!
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:24:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen 2 types of reticles on the SN-4. One is the circle/dot and I have owned the DOE Mk 2 scope. On the DOE, the whole reticle lights up, unlike the NSN on the center part only. I think the battery life is 9 hours on the highest setting.

USO blows trijicon away in brightness and clarity. My biggest complaint about the trijicon is that i can't see the reticle unless i wear glasses. All USO scopes have the adjustable diopter.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 1:29:54 PM EDT
[#3]
smaller lighter and more robuster....
and that is ideal....in a packing rifle optic imo
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've seen 2 types of reticles on the SN-4. One is the circle/dot and I have owned the DOE Mk 2 scope. On the DOE, the whole reticle lights up, unlike the NSN on the center part only. I think the battery life is 9 hours on the highest setting.

USO blows trijicon away in brightness and clarity. My biggest complaint about the trijicon is that i can't see the reticle unless i wear glasses. All USO scopes have the adjustable diopter.
View Quote

I've just bought the USO SN-4 - literally just bought as the scope has not even arrived as yet.
(Surprisingly, I found that DOE stood for the Department of Energy.)  Also I have a couple of TA-11's so I'm about to find out if all the things I've read and heard about the quality of USO optics are true !!
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 2:28:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Trijicon has been the choice of several military's besides the US special ops, and those are a serious recomendations, plus thru my personel experience says I must concur with.
Good shootin, Jack
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top