Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/17/2003 12:40:13 PM EDT
Just picked up an Aimpoint Comp ML2, ARMS #39 and ARMS #22M68 from www.mstn.biz/.  These folks are really helpful when it comes to answering questions and providing fast service.  I highly recommend them if you are in the market for an Aimpoint or ARMS products.  I really like this setup and can't wait to get to the range and sight it up.  I also purchased the spacer for the #22M68 so I can mount it to my flat-tops.

Link Posted: 3/17/2003 12:43:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent set-up.  I look forward to having similar rig before too long.
Link Posted: 3/17/2003 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent! I like it a lot! Wes really knows his shit, don't he? If you have a question about a particular set-up, he'll go so far as to put one together, just to be able to answer your question. He's definitely one of the good guys.
Link Posted: 3/17/2003 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Excellent! I like it a lot! Wes really knows his shit, don't he? If you have a question about a particular set-up, he'll go so far as to put one together, just to be able to answer your question. He's definitely one of the good guys.
View Quote

Yeah, I kind of went into this knowing I wanted a Comp ML2 and have the ability to mount it onto my A2 upper.  I had originally planned to mount it directly to the carry handle, but after consultation with the guys at MSTN I decided a forward mount would be the best option.  This way I have the ability to add a spacer to the #22M68 and use it on my A3 uppers as well.
Link Posted: 3/17/2003 8:50:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in the process of upgrading the Trijicon Reflex's on my two AR's to Aimpoint M2's in #22M68 mounts.

I've been communicating with Paul Ertsgaard at MSTN and all I have to say about him is GOOD STUFF!  He's courteous and fast with his responses, and PATIENT (thanks Paul!).

Best of all is the active-duty military discount they're giving me,  [:D]  [;)]  which is making it possible for me to buy the two M2's that I need.

Chris
Link Posted: 3/17/2003 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm in the process of upgrading the Trijicon Reflex's on my two AR's
View Quote

and what are you doing w/ the reflex's?
Link Posted: 3/17/2003 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm in the process of upgrading the Trijicon Reflex's on my two AR's
View Quote

and what are you doing w/ the reflex's?
View Quote

I'm not sure right now.  

I'm not needing the cash, but I'm starting to run out of room in my parts box with all the stuff I've got left over .... GG&G MAD, Colt M4 handguards with GG&G rail installed, these two Reflex's, etc.

Chris
Link Posted: 3/18/2003 6:36:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I am an LEO who just bought an M4 and wanting an aimpoint but for now, something is better for nothing. I might not be able to afford an Aimpoint for awhile.

Might be interested...  very interested in making it home to the family every night!!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2003 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Does it cowitness up fine ?
Link Posted: 3/20/2003 6:31:01 PM EDT
[#9]
It co-witnesses brillantly.  Here is a pic.  It's hard to tell because I'm holding the camera above the rear sight, but I think you can get the idea.

[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~jbw123/_uimages/ML2frontpost3-19-03.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 3/20/2003 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's my setup with an ARMS #38, #22M68, and CompML2.

[img]http://bob.msiunix.com/webpictures/aimpoint1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://bob.msiunix.com/webpictures/aimpoint2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://bob.msiunix.com/webpictures/aimpoint3.jpg[/img]

This setup is almost unusable on full-auto.  It's running over a 1000 rpm and is tough to hold on to.  It sure is cool looking though!
Link Posted: 3/20/2003 8:07:29 PM EDT
[#11]
macloud,
that is an awesome setup.
Link Posted: 3/21/2003 9:11:01 AM EDT
[#12]
macloud,

nice sbr
Link Posted: 3/21/2003 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#13]
macloud: Nice set up sir. I wish I had a NFA firearm.

Have you thought about getting an ARMS SIR for it? You'd have the barrel free floated, and you could put a forward mounted pistol grip on it for better control during full auto.
Link Posted: 3/21/2003 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Never thought about a fore grip, that would be a big help.  I typically use this upper with an A2 stock.  It's easier to control, and a bit slower.  In this config, it's a handful, and I don't like to shoot it inside (indoor ranges).

I don't know if I want to go with the SIR system or not, I really like the way this setup looks, and I have already dumped a bunch of money into it, mounts and optics wise.
Link Posted: 3/21/2003 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#15]
This is the #22M68 with spacer.It co-witness perfect.
[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/b2f4745e/bc/Mar13%2301.jpg?bcxK.e.Akc7IHtJv[/img]
Link Posted: 3/21/2003 11:54:00 PM EDT
[#16]
macloud: The only thing that would go would be the ARMS 38 short length rail. That would be replaced by the SIR, which comes with an ARMS 40 rear flip up sight. The other thing that would go would be the handguard, and the delta ring unless you pick the civilian over the military model.

The aimpoint with the QD ring would stay the same. The front sight would be the same. Only the handguard and ARMS 38 rail would go bye-bye. It's something to consider, and you could weigh your gun down a little bit by adding something like a Surefire M500 foregrip/light combo. It would make a great home defense weapon [:D]

If you have another $200, you should get a suppressor for it, then you'd really have a great indoor defensive rifle [:D]

Hehehehe, I'm evil. I can't even own a full auto rifle in IL.
Link Posted: 3/22/2003 4:03:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Dolphin72,

I have had the exact setup on my "commando" upper for about two years now.  I absolutely love it.  Lightweight and wicked fast handling.

Very nice.
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 6:50:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just picked up an Aimpoint Comp ML2, ARMS #39 and ARMS #22M68

Will the ARMS #39 / COMP ML2 also work with an A1 CAR with the fat Colt M4 heat shields?  Is there enough clearance?

What about the less expensive AIMPOINT Goose neck mount? Will that also work?
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 7:17:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just picked up an Aimpoint Comp ML2, ARMS #39 and ARMS #22M68

Will the ARMS #39 / COMP ML2 also work with an A1 CAR with the fat Colt M4 heat shields?  Is there enough clearance?

What about the less expensive AIMPOINT Goose neck mount? Will that also work?
View Quote

I have no experience with the Aimpoint mount, but I have read on this board that it works fine.  I have also read that the M4 handguards will not work with the #39.  I can't tell you this for sure, but that's what I read.  I was going to put M4 handguards on my rifle until I read that.

Anyone else have info???
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Ordering the same setup tomorrow..
How long did it take to get the items shipped?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Very nice set up, I like. [:D]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top