Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2003 8:24:27 AM EDT
I couldn't find the search function to look this topic up myself so I thought I would ask in open forum.

What are your impressios with the Elcan?  I have an opportunity to buy one NEW at a very reasonable price but want to know you oppinion of its function, use, quality, etc?

This would be for a .308 out to say 300M?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 8:43:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Get your fill here;

[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=138858&w=searchPop]Why the Elcan sucks![/url]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 2:32:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I strongly prefer the ELCAN to the TA01NSN.  US Army just bought the ELCAN for squad machineguns, but insisted on a different mount.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Chuck I guess the ARMY makes mistakes too. :)

I have had toooooo many problems with them to trust them anymore.

-Kevin
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:31:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 20" HB with one (4th Gen) mounted that shoots like a dream.  It's heavy and the sight post reticle is fine except for holdovers but has so far it has kept its' zero and possesses excellent glass.  I'd rate it tough as a truck but I don't dare drop it since I, not Uncle Sugar, footed the bill.

I get the hunch from various reports that the ELCAN pretty much treats you like you treat it.  Remember, too, that its' a battle sight and not a designated marksman's sight.  Most people, myself included, would recommend an ACOG over the ELCAN.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top