Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2003 7:53:37 PM EDT
I am wanting to do target shooting with my AR. I getting more into this than just plinking anymore. My question is what power of scope is going to get me down range to tell where I am hitting (50, 100, 200m, etc...). Also for my rifle scopes I have mostly gone with Leupold, kinda spend for the best as others have just not met the standards I need. Is this the same for spotting scopes. I have seen ones from $50-500?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#1]
go for a kowa. cost around $850. it's clear and bright.  to make sure you can see a 223 hole at 200yds and more is you need a scope that is at least 80mm in dia and is 60x.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:14:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Consider a Burris Landmark 20-60X by 80.  It works pretty well for me.  It has great glass but this model skips on things like waterproofing to keep the price down.  I paid less than 200/00 for mine to my door.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 10:27:50 AM EDT
[#3]
A few years ago I was hunting with some guys who each had a high quality spotting scope.  When I compared them, the Swarovski was the best.  They cost $1,200+ though.  But if you want the best, that is the way to go.

The Leupold Gold Ring is nothing special; I'd look at other brands.

Check out bird watching websites to get good information on glass, such as [url]www.betterviewdesired.com[/url].
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 3:22:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I love my Leupold Gold Ring with the Gen2 Mil-dot reticle (www.premierreticle.com).

I'm not saying it's the best glass, but I'm very satisfied.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Consider a Burris Landmark 20-60X by 80. It works pretty well for me. It has great glass but this model skips on things like waterproofing to keep the price down. I paid less than 200/00 for mine to my door.

The Burris is way more in my price range. I can't see spending $1200 on a piece of glass? I would rather put that into a rifle.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top