Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/6/2003 5:05:34 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I'm looking to purchase an ARMS #40 and the gentleman I questioned about the purchase asked if I would like an ARMS #40 or #40A...  I can't find any info on the "A" model on the ARMS website.  Supposedly, the "A" model has a standard M16A2 aperature instead of the 500-600m aperature.  Can anyone confirm this and elaborate on it for me please.

Thank you,

Drivie
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Correct. The one comes with a dual apperature that has the standard ghost ring and the peep sight. But the top of the peep sight is cut off with a notch for a 600M.

The other comes with the standard A2 dual aperature.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the clarification new-arguy.  I think I'll opt for the one with the standard A2 dual aperature.  Any other thoughts or advice?

Thanks!

Drivie
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:20:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I think its completely a matter of prefference. I sort of like the cut off peep sight with the horizon line, but the truth is it is very (VERY!!) unlikely I will ever use it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#4]
New-arguy, do you know if ARMS offers the option of a standard A2 sight on it's #38 swan sleeve?
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#5]
No, I dont know, but I do know that it is easy enough to change to a standard apperature if you'd like.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#6]
That's true.  I admit I had not thought of that.  Duh...

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:49:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Ask MSTN. I know he has the ARMS 40 Std in stock, if anyone would know about the sleeve sight, he would.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top