Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2003 7:11:53 PM EDT
OK so I almost never shoot anything other than surplus 55 grains FMJ. So I decided to make a semi auto M16 A4 with a 1/12 twist on a flatop. on top of a preban Colt A2 pushpin lower.

Now I wonder if the TA11 will work out OK with this bullet twist combo?

Should I leave the 1/7 twist barrel in place?

Or it wont matter under 300 yards?

Any responses appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:17:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Why would the twist have anything to do with the effectiveness of a scope?  Am I missing something?  It will work as well as a 1/7 twist and 55 grain ammo.  If you are asking will it be off from using 62 grain ammo then yes it will but it will be a very minor difference and the only thing you need to know is where the bullet strikes in relation to the 300 yard tic on the reticle which will be a very very small adjustment.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#2]
That is what I was on about the bullet impact difference.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top