Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2003 1:32:41 PM EDT
I'm looking to mount an Aimpoint M2 or ML2 on my Rock River M4 with their tactical carry handle.  Will the QRP mount be too high or too low to be able to co-witness the iron sights on the tactical carry handle ?  Will a spacer be needed ?  Would I be better served with the 30mm X-wide rings ?  Any other mounting suggestions out there ?  I would like to keep the tact. carry handle on the rifle since it already has iron sights.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully a picture is worth a thousand words....>
[img]http://ebay1.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_aac75b1d165fc8f16eef69fda73fd518/i-3.JPG[/img]
Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:27:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply Gary.  Could you tell me which mount that is you have there ?  Great looking rifle, by the way.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:45:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Your most welcome.  For the record, the rifle is not mine.  It does however belong to another board member.  The mounting ring I believe is the 30mm standard AIMPOINT ring.  This ring is available from a number of vendors who advertise on this site.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#4]
For the record, the standard Aimpoint ring shown is about the worst mount you can get for it. The way it is designed, the same screw that secures the optic in the mount, also secures the mount to the rail. I hated mine and it would come loose from time to time. I'd suggest getting a real mount.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top