Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2003 10:37:26 AM EDT
What are your opinions?

Does anyone know what the Marine Corps is using?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:11:11 PM EDT
[#1]
take a look at this link
[url]http://www.snipercountry.com/Articles/usopticssn12.htm[/url]

-Kevin
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:12:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a TA31a with a triangle  on my SPR rifle.  it works fine also.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:46:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What are your opinions?
Does anyone know what the Marine Corps is using?
View Quote

You mean USMC DRM or U.S.Army SPR ?

Anyway, I think the USMC on their DMRs has the Unertl 10X40 mil-dot reticle or the day/night AN/PVS-10 scope .

The U.S.Army on their SPRs seems to have the Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10x40mm Long Range M3  lit mil-dot reticle scope with rail mount for the NVD AN/PVS-9 / NV250 Simrad .

PP out
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:16:56 AM EDT
[#4]
If you are going to use the gun for an on duty purpose (ie.  team sniper, etc.) I would not recommend an ACOG.  The magnification is not enough in my opinion.  I would recommend at least a 3-9 power in a quality scope.  I use a 4.5-14 Leupold Vari-X III on my sniper rifle.  An ACOG will work well on a perimeter gun though, where pinpoint accuracy is not as necessary.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top