Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2003 8:57:07 AM EDT
Haven't read anything here about the M2 with the 2X magnification.  What would be the disadvantages or advantages vs. the unmagnified version?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Try using the search feature in the upper right hand corner.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:10:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Search is only available to paying members.

Bradd
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#3]
The general thoughts of the members here is that the M2 is an excellent sight and the 2x is horrible and you are better served by the mini ACOG in the same power.  My personal position is that the X2 Aimpoint is the worst optic I have ever tried bar none.  It was a dismal failure by Aimpoint although you can always find a few people who will like anything.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the responses - I just figured quick acquisition plus two power (for my eyes) would make a good combo at a fairly reasonable price.

Why does the 2x perform so miserably?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#5]
You have to look through it to see but baisicaly it has a bad tunnel vision effect and it is hard to use it BAC style.  The 2X was an afterthought and you can tell instantly once you look through the sight.  Just go to a gunshow and try one out for yourself then try a 2X compact ACOG and you will understand.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top