Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/4/2003 7:26:13 PM EDT
finish their products in gray instead of black?

Bradd
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:29:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably the same reason they believe nobody has [b]EVER[/b] lost one of their mounts thumbscrew nuts....
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:03:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Bradd,

Your post caused me to go down to the safe and inspect my ARMS #40.  How irritating. It is gray and not black....Hmmmmmmmmm.....time to find that can of flat black spray paint!

[green][b]Goooooooooooooooooooo Eagles!!!!!![/b][/green]
[img]http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/images/banner2/focused.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 8:37:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Call me old fashioned, but gray looks much better. Is just like the blondes, red heads or Ford vs. Chevy type thing.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:16:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Call me old fashioned, but gray looks much better. Is just like the blondes, red heads or Ford vs. Chevy type thing.
View Quote

I think gray looks good as well, but it doesn't match the AR's it's going on.

Bradd
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 6:04:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Just because the thing isnt black doesnt mean it doesnt match. The color may not match, but the combo matches wonderful IMHO!

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/p1c7392f1a05bee211263c385c8e81ebe/fdc101fd.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:53:44 PM EDT
[#6]
If you look around you will notice that a lote of products are done on grey, espec. a lot that are used by spec ops. Why, grey is much more dificult to see than black and gives an enemy a harder time to spot the weapon. Black sticks out like a soure thumb. A lot of war time Colt M16A1 weapons were made and thjey are more grey than black for very good reason, and that is what the mil-spec actualy calls for. Matching color is not good for camo effect, and black black is a commercial thing not military. The companies that go to the extra trouble to give the grey finish are doing our guys a favor. Ever notice the Trijicon military optic"s?
Good Shootin, Jack
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top