Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/4/2003 1:24:03 PM EDT
This question has probably been asked before, but I still can't find the "search" button, so I'll ask it again.

Does it matter which color reticle I get? Does the yellow reticle wash out in daylight, or is too bright at night, or have any other problems? I'm trying to get a TA-11F, but the place I'm buying it from, who supposedly stocks 99.5% of everything they advertise, doesn't have it, and hasn't had it for months. They do have a TA-11FA, though (unless it's been sold already). Do I compromise and get the yellow one, or will I regret it?

Does anybody know who has a TA-11F in stock now?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 2:52:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Try both before you buy at a gunshow or on another members rifle.  The search button is in the upper left hand corner of the screen next to calander and under the armory.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#2]
red
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:11:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The search button is in the upper left hand corner of the screen next to calander and under the armory.
View Quote

FYI, the search feature was removed for non paying members..
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#4]
The amber (yellow-orange) retical is brighter, doesn't wash out in daylight and is not too bight at night (really dim actually).

I peaked though both and liked the amber better. YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Evgerybody seems to be able to use the red reticles. Some people (I'm one) have trouble with the amber. I wouldn't buy an amber without taking a peek through one first.

However, the amber on the ACOGs (not the Reflex) has been better than most amber reticles for me.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:52:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Some folks who have seen both (PAUL) swear the amber is brighter, others who have also seen both (ME!) swear the red is brighter. I wont tell you one is brighter than the other, I will just tell you from what I see the red is clearly brighter. I know Paul will tell you the maber is clearly brighter. All this says to me as that different people see it differently.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 10:04:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Some folks who have seen both (PAUL) swear the amber is brighter, others who have also seen both (ME!) swear the red is brighter. I wont tell you one is brighter than the other, I will just tell you from what I see the red is clearly brighter. I know Paul will tell you the maber is clearly brighter. All this says to me as that different people see it differently.
View Quote

Trijicon swears the Amber is brighter, at least so says their literature.  I also heard amber is used by the military due to nightvision requirements - don't ask, I don't know any more about it and it may just be bunk.  For me, I sent back an Amber for the Red, which I much prefer.  In this case, it really is "YMMV".  Each potential buyer/user should try and look at both, in person.  This aspect is a very personal one, and differs from user to user.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top