Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2003 2:52:06 AM EDT
okay i have my Aimpoint mounted on my M4 and I want to rotate the lens covers so they flip downward, resting on the flat top when open (right now they flip upward and get in the way of my scanning)....i tried to just grab the covers and rotate but they are putting up a lot of resistance, dont want to break something...anyone know how to rotate those covers? thanks.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:12:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Rotate them using the side of the pivot hinge for the lense cap as the point you put thumb pressure.  They ARE stiff.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:13:22 AM EDT
[#2]
My aimpoint has butler creek type flip covers.
They should pull right off of the scope.
Try pulling on them (not turning them).
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:46:06 AM EDT
[#3]
bingo. i rotated by pushing/twisting at the hinge point, stiff but they moved, much better, thanks folks!

now if it werent for the 2 feet of new snow i'd be at the range testing the system.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 6:16:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Rotate the covers [b]clockwise[/b] (righty tighty) to avoid unscrewing any parts of the sight.

Heck, zeroing in the snow if fun!  I can usually see short rounds easily.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:03:39 AM EDT
[#5]
good advise, i did that....i cant even GET to the range, its on a dirt rural road, the last one to be plowed as there are zero houses on it. maybe tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#6]
On the flip-up cover question: Begin by removing the two flip up covers from the Aimpoint completely (yes, they are tight, very tight, but this can be done carefully). It does not matter which way you turn them to get them off; there are no threaded parts on the tube (forget the clockwise, counter-clockwise crap). Put a single drop of CLP on the grooves into which the covers fit on the tube. Reinstall the covers on the tube (notice how much easier it is). Rotate them to whatever position you like. The CLP loosens the covers just enough to make rotational adjustments easy, but not enough to make the covers subject to unintentional rotation. Viola.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:29:41 AM EDT
[#7]
... so I just dreamed those parts unscrewed when troops twisted the covers on their M68 CCO counter clockwise..... [8]

-- Chuck
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top