Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/1/2003 10:26:44 PM EDT
Help me out guys, I am looking at installing a Target/Tactical scope on my Olympic PCR-4 (with SS Bull).  I have a couple of questions, I have a ultralux mount I purchased from DPMS, the mount seems to work fine and fits the carry handle perfectly (I used lapping compound and run the mount back and forth to find high and low spots on the mounting surfaces, turned out real good) My biggest question is , Will I have enough scope adjustment to sight it in with the scope mounted that high?  Second, What scopes do you prefere for this type of application. (Intended use will be Varmint Hunting/ Target)
What Rings? and is there a better mount than what I have.  I am looking at spending about 500 bucks, What kind of package can I put together in my price range???
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:28:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure you can zero the scope, but doubt the combination will be accurate at other than the zeroed range because the scope is so high above bore unless you make a custom range card in clicks, any yard or meter marks on the scope's range knobs will be useless.

The height above bore is what determines the trajectory reference the line of sight.  (Trajectory remains constant for a given range, but the relationship to line of sight will vary wildly based on height above bore.)  You obviously want the bullet trajectory to cross the line of sight as defined by the sight's crosshairs.  

What's the designed height of bore for the scope's optics?

-- Chuck
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top