Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2002 7:35:52 PM EDT
I just took a sight picture thru a acog ta-47 and this is the sight picture i want.
it is 2x and was mounted on top of a carry handle. no front sight problem.
what is the reccomended mounting  if used on a flat top? riser and mount? I would prefer if the whole thing were lever [q.d.]
is this a good choice?
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:54:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one on the carry handle, as described, it worked great.  I put it on a flat top, and the front sight became a problem for me, so it is back on the handle.  I used a TA51 adapter (made for the bigger ACOGs), it worked fine at that mounting height.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 9:06:39 AM EDT
[#2]
B52-
do you mean that with the 'adapter' this ta47 was now properly mounted on the flat top without front sight interfearance?
would i just be better off with a 4x
[ larger ] acog?
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 11:23:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Alan, sorry to butt in, but does anyone know if the ARMS #19 will raise a Compact ACOG high enough so the A2 front sight will not interfere with the field of view?  Wes at MSTN believes the ARMS is slightly higher than the TA-51.

I am going to order an ACOG next week, but not sure if I am headed for problems with the A2 tower.

Thanks
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top