Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2002 9:58:39 AM EDT
I've been following several of the posts regarding the best choice of retice. I'm interested in the chevron with longer eye relief as as found in the TA11F. Unfortunately, it appears from the Trijicon literature that the TA11F is intended for flat tops only. Does anyone know if this is usable on a handle mount?

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it is usable on the handle mount. The TA11F come with a TA51 flattop mount included, just separate the TA11F from the TA51 and mount the TA11F in the handle the same as any other ACOG.

Your BDC (bullet drop compensation) reticle will be off; but since the BDC is designed around a specific barrel length, mounting position and ammo type, it was probably going to be off anyway. (I believe the TA11F BDC is designed for M855 out of a 14.5" barrel on a flattop mount)

I really wouldn't sweat the BDC too much. the key is just to sight it in with the type of ammo you intend on using and then learn the deviations from the BDC at longer ranges and with different types of ammo. For about 99% of your under 300m work, you won't even need to do that - just put the reticle on the target and you are good to go.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 11:38:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks...that's exactly what I needed to know...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top