Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2002 7:50:29 PM EDT
i am thinking about replacing the front sight on my 6922 upper with a PRI flip sight.  has anybody here done this, or replaced theirs with a GG&G, KAC, or gas block with rail (armalite)?  i've been told that there is risk to the barrel associated with switching front sights.  i am trying to decide if a "frontsight-less" view through the optic and a cooler overall look to the weapon is worth this risk.  clearly seeking reputable gunsmiths (MSTN, KKF) to do this "upgrade" should make this a relatively risk free operation, yes?  
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:03:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I have two PRI front sight on my guns.  one is a fresh install on the barrel, the other is a replacement.  Both gun function fine and shot great. I do not know any problem associated with switching the front sight, but then again, I am not a know it all.  If there is, it must not be a major issue, there is plenty of members on this site that have done the switch, including myself.

Both GG&G and PRI are fine flipper, but I tend to like the PRI better.  It locks in place just enough it will not get knock down accidentially, but if enough force is applied, the sight will fold to eliminate any damage.  the circular hood acts like a quick ghost ring, you can shoot your gun much like a MP5 style, bracket the target in the hood and shoot.  the allen screw instead of a tapper pin also increase accuracy a bit.  all this makes the PRI a excellent flip up front sight on anyone's AR.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 4:49:25 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks for your input smg.  where did you send your upper to get your front sight relacement done - a local gunsmith or someone here on this site?  i am planning on sending mine to MSTN.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:40:37 AM EDT
[#3]
The PRI is the one chosen by the military for the SPR sniper weapons. PRI will put it on if you want them to, but you can do it yourself without much effort.
Good Shootin, Jack
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top