Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/30/2002 9:14:33 AM EDT
I'm thinking about replacing the Aimpoint Railgrabber mount on my M4 with one of the KAC mounts. The Comp mount doesn't look as strong as the offset mount because of the relatively short contact area with the rail. Can anyone speak to the strengths of the 2 mounts? I'm aware of the offset advantage and of ARMS mounts and GG&G mounts, etc. but only care about issues involving these 2 Knights mounts and their duribility. Also has anyone used KAC's thumbscrew in place of the hexnut? Was is acceptable?
TIA,
Ed
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 10:45:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the KAC offset mount, and it's rock solid. I'm using the hex nut so I can't comment on the thumbscrew.

Edited to add:  Before I bought an Aimpoint, I went down and took a Carbine course with Ronin45.  He let me borrow an ML2 with the KAC mount from one of his other rifles which he had just zeroed in.  Not only was the zero acceptable on my rifle, it was dead on.  He sold me on the KAC mount.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top