Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2002 5:39:54 AM EDT
Does anyone know of any compatability problems with a GG&G scout rail and an ARMS M68? It has been brought to my attention that there might be a problem.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 5:59:41 AM EDT
[#1]
The ARMS rails are known as good as you can get for dimentional integrity that meets mil std. 1913 dimentions. The throw levers require quality military std. rail dimentions for the throw levers to perform thier best in repeatability, such as used on the SPR sniper rifles and others. If you have a rail that the throw levers do not lock up to with a nice click/snap feel, then the rail is either undersize or oversize. The throw levers attach properly to all std. gov't (issue) rails, but there are a few after market companies claiming they make to the mil std. for gov't issue rail mounts, but they do not make for std. issue nor are thier rails to gov't spec. I suspect you may have one that does not.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Hawkeye:  You'll have no problems using the M68 mount with the GG&G scout rail.  Myself, several friends, and a number of SWAT types I know use this configuration and all of us love it.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hawkeye:  You'll have no problems using the M68 mount with the GG&G scout rail.  Myself, several friends, and a number of SWAT types I know use this configuration and all of us love it.  
View Quote

Thanks. Thats what I thought, but I wanted to double check.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top