Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/23/2002 4:33:53 AM EDT
I'm looking to update the ProPoint red-dot on my Rock River M4.  At first I thought I wanted to get away from the "tube" sights and go with a more compact sight, like an EOTech.  I had even considered the C-More Tactical, until I read so much bad press at this website.  For now, I'm leaning towards the Aimpoint M2, because it will mount flush with the raised optical platform and allow me to co-witness with the factory iron sights. Using this rifle  primarily for entries, I don't necessarily need a long range sight (100yds. max.).  Considering the nature of the duty this rifle will see, I need a sighting system that will allow me to use iron sights as a back-up, and use them quickly .
Any other suggestions and/or configurations out there for a Rock River Arms with the raised optics platform ?
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 8:27:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Actually with the RRA Raised optics platform you can't use the Aimpoint M2 and co-witness with the irons.

The raised platform was designed to use the Comp M-XD with the cheap mount that came with it.  From what I understand the M2 doesn't come with the mount (though you may be able to buy it from SWFA for around $16).

Personally I think the raised optic platform is a really bad idea - most optics (and ALL the GOOD ones) can't use it with the proper mounts and still allow the irons to co-witness.

If you have one of the uppers where its built-in then I'd suggest try to find one of the Comp M-XD mounts and use that with the M2

IIRC it is mount #10185 or #10819 available here: [url]http://www.swfa.com/riflescopes/aimpoint/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 9:37:23 AM EDT
[#2]
IIRC - Aimpoint has a "new style" low ring mount that is an improvement on their "throw away" rings that came with the M-XD scopes.  I looked at one the other day and I didn't think it looked terribly flimsy at all.  I've never used one, so I have no experience with them.  They run about $24 from dealers and might be something you could try.  They mount the scope very close to the rail.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out this thread and contact C4iGrant if you're interested in his mount.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=74&t=129362&w=searchPop[/url]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top