Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2002 7:10:24 PM EDT
I know DPMS makes a tri-mount, for mounting many optics on one mount for flat-top uppers. My question is, does someone make a carry handle version of this mount? Here's what I want to do, feel free to call me crazy: A2 carry handle, 3-9x40 on the top of the mount, and a Simmons 20mm red dot on the side of the same mount, as to utilize both optics without the 5 minute swap-out procedure. (Both optics use a weaver style base, so I usually swap them out and don't worry about loss of zero.) If anyone has a better idea in substitution of mine, please pass it along. I already own both optics, which is the reason for the post. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 7:33:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't do it - its my best advice.  Two optics on the same rifle at the same time makes for a heavy rifle that is awkward to use.

If you really want to use both optics with the rifle then get the ARMS #39.  It put a weaver rail on top of the carry handle and one over the handguards.

Then you can pop your scope on top of the carry handle when you want to use it (with quick release rings/mount should only take 20 seconds).  When you want to use your red-dot you do the same only over the handguards.

Don't keep both optics on at the same time.  Its not only heavy - ands its not a pretty sight...
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 7:38:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw a carry handle tri-mount at www.brownells.com. Do a search there using "ar-15 tri-mount"
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 7:43:50 AM EDT
[#3]
your crazy!!!

i don't think you need the red dot.
try this.  pick out a target like a door knob that is about 10 feet away.  look at it with both eyes open and focus on the cross hair with your right eye and look at the target with your left.  you will see a double image but it's shootable.  practice snap shooting the target and back up when you begin to get comfortable. at about 10 yds your right eye will begin to pick up the target without any help from your left eye.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top