Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/16/2002 4:51:15 PM EDT
I was just thumbing through my Cabela's catalog and saw a Bushnell HOLOsight.  Is it the same as the Eotech?  They look similar, if you havent seen it here is the sight http://www.bushnell.com/productinfo/riflescopes/holosight.html

I am a newby, so any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 10:11:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Take a look at this thread for more info.  According to "them", the Bushnell is made by EOtech but without the metal "roll bar" for added protection.

[URL]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=144524[/URL]

EDITED TO ADD: I just mounted an EOtech 511 on a flattop RRA and I really like it a lot!  I haven't had the chance to zero and shoot with it but I can't wait!

Drivie
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 10:17:40 AM EDT
[#2]
EOTech makes the Holosight for Bushnell, on paper or contract, EOTech is suppose to sell only to the Military and LE market, and Bushnell has the civilian market.  but what EOTech reseller do after they got the product is their business(in a way), so you see lots of EOTech in the civilian market.  Bushnell is up in arms about the civilian leak of the EOTech, they had their guy use his own credit card to call an major national web based EOTech dealer to purchase a 551, and told the dealer he is just a civilian, not in anyway military or LE involved, he got that puppy in the mail in a week. needless to say, Bushnell is raising some hell with EOTech. EOTech is planning on laser etching their sights with LE/Military use only.  what other measure to take, only time will tell.  never the less, Holosight is basicially an EOTech 500 series.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Will my pre-ban 552 be worth more after they start marking them Leo Only?
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Hah!

Pre-ban/post-ban EOTech's.

Maybe I can charge 3X the price for my 510.

Av.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 1:53:00 PM EDT
[#5]
no pre ban nor post ban, you probably will still get the sight, it will just be marked LE/Military only.  It would be just like Remington sniper rifles, you can buy them, but as far as Remington is concern, they only sell them to LE dealers, what the dealer do is up to them.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top