Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/12/2002 1:09:18 PM EDT
I've got a DPMS 20" a2 and was looking for a sight to put on the carry handle. I tried the Colt 4x scope but did not like it. Seems  hade to put my neck and head in a really uncomfortable position to see through it clearly. The height wasn't too bad it was the eye relief that killed me. I was thinking about trying the Leupold/Gilmore red dot sight with the 2moa dot. Will this be a good choice for an A2? I also have some decent hunting scopes I could mount on it and since they are longer than the compact Colt scope, eye releif shouldn't be nearly as bad. Any thoughts appreciated, thanks.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 10:22:57 AM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=1482[/img]

Not to dis your selection, but IMHO this is the best set-up for your AR application.

ARMS #39A2 with a Aimpoint ML2 mounted on an ARMS #22M68, no spacer needed for co-witness with this set-up.

Once you try this type of set-up don't believe you'll ever want or have a need for anything else.

Hope it helps,
Mike
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top