Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/5/2002 3:40:08 PM EDT
anyone who has an idea of the exact weight of RAS & SIR?    this is the only factor im looking into before i assemble my project.

thank you very much

paltik
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 4:32:22 PM EDT
[#1]
The RAS is heavier and is not free float and is MUCH less expensive than a SIR.  Are you sure you didnt mean to compare the FF RAS or the RAS II?
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 8:20:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Yikes! Man, my bad! I was sure the SIR weighed less. Wes, were those weights taken with the RAS II's pannels?
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 10:12:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Im quite suprised at this actually. Where do you think all the weight is coming from on the SIR... or, where did it go on the RAS II? With the entire lower half of the SIR being synthetic, you'd think it would be lighter. Then again, the RAS II does not have the full length aluminum rail on the upper? Either way, I am suprised.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 11:06:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow I guess I was just re-mis-quoting what I was told earlier.  I guess I was smart to buy that FF RAS from MSTN to keep the weight down. [:P]
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 12:04:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 11:52:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Wow I guess I was just re-mis-quoting what I was told earlier.
View Quote

Welcome to the internet BB. [:D]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top