Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/2/2002 11:57:05 PM EDT
Ohhhh, I've got an itchy trigger finger...

I've been trying to get my hands on a TA31-F for a while now... to no avail.

But yesterday I ran into this:

TA44-2, compact ACOG 1.5x
For $394.00

Won't be available for about a week...

Now, I know I've been wanting my $850ish 4x ACOG w/ cheveron... but for this price... I haven't found any ACOG's that cheap around.

Somebody talk me out of it, or talk me into it... I'm too impulsive right now and don't wanna feel guilty about it in a few weeks if I do/don't get it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 7:47:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, that is a very good price for the Compact ACOG. But they are very different optics. If you have researched the TA31F and think this is the optic you want, I would probably stick to that. This Comp ACOG has very little magnification. It is an AWESOME sight, but it is quite different than the TA31F. I thought I just read somewhere that [url]www.sableco.net[/url] had them in stock. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but drop them a line and see before making your decision.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 8:02:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I know it's a far cry from the 31F. I would still eventually get a 31F, perhaps on a different weapon config.

sableco (usually one of the cheapest places I can find ACOG's) has them for $580 (plus 3% of cc).

Forgot to say, this is NIB...

I'd really prefer to get my hands on the 31F, but they seem like they're impossible to get ahold of... thinking this just may get me thru the dry spell.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 9:24:39 AM EDT
[#3]
SABLE Co is who I thought I had read had some TA31's in stock? Did you check with them on TA31's? If so and they are not in stock... sorry. Check the Equipment Exchanges here. Once in a while the TA31's come up for sale.

Im a big fan of all the ACOGs, and the TA31 is my favorite. One sits on top of my favorite rifle. That being said, I have shot with several of the Comp ACOGs and I want one of those too. However, it will never replace the TA31.

However, that is a smokin good deal on the Comp ACOG and I seriously dount you will see one for that price again. Man, you are faced with a rough decision.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 11:31:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I can't comment on the TA31 because I don't own one.  However, I do have a Compact ACOG and love it.  Check with Arizona Gun Runners.  Very nice to deal with and they did have a few in stock.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 11:36:38 AM EDT
[#5]
It's all about the BAC.  I have TA11D and it gives me the willies every time I pick it up.  I like the 3.5X and the eye relief is extremely user friendly.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 2:08:01 PM EDT
[#6]
aaaaarrrrrghhhhhhhhh...

It's found it's way into my shopping cart. I have a feeling it'll be there on checkout...

If I... could just... reach... my bat... utility belt... Can't... resist...
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 3:13:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a TA-11 on my M4 and love it. I've had it since '97 and have NEVER regretted the purchase.

A buddy of mine has one of the compact ACOG's in the 1.5 X 24 flavor. It is a great set up and I want one for my Lt weight C8A1 set up. I can tell you that the cross hair reticule is not as fast as the dot or triangle for CQB. It seems that some dealers put these on sale to get rid of them. Just an FYI

So who has this spanken deal?

Luckystiff
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 3:22:55 PM EDT
[#8]
hmmm, the 44-2 has the triangle.

And it's out of stock until Monday, apparently.

[url]www.midwayusa.com[/url]

I broke down and put it on order... but I guess I could cancel that anytime this week if I hear something bad about them (midway).

Anyone have any experience w/ them?

I've been buying too many goodies lately... Early Christmas presents for myself [beer]
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Stop.

Don't accept a second choice. I'm assuming you've done your homework and selected the TA31-F for your reasons. The TA44-2 is a different scope - if you did your homework correctly how did you choose wrong or is the TA44 the wrong scope?

Look at it this way. If you buy the TA44-2 and it's wrong your $850 ACOG is now going to cost $395 plus $850 to buy the "correct" scope. So the "correct" scope is [i]only[/i] another $455!

I skipped the 1.5x compact models (as they were just a bit better then a 1x red dot sight) and looked at both the 3x and 4x scopes. The fullsize were scopes hung off the rifle, the compacts became part of the rifle. I worried about the eye relief and bought the 2x compact and found that the relief was ample and I was able to exchange the scope for the 3x I ended up with.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 5:18:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Try Sable Co on the TA31F.  I ordered one about 3-4 weeks ago, and I received it last week.  Good service AND a good price.  I've ordered several items from Donnie, and I've been very pleased.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 5:55:31 PM EDT
[#11]
yrac, I called Donnie a few weeks ago on the 31F and he told me there was a 7 person waiting list... Said he wasn't sure when they'd be in, but probably a while. I also emailed again this last weekend but haven't heard back yet from him (tough getting ahold of them during this move).

Yes, I will still get a 31F. I'm not accepting second choice (as 2nd choice after a 31 would be a ta50-4)... just something to hold me over till sableco gets back to me.

If worse comes to worst... I don't think I'll have a hard time getting rid of this w/o losing $ on the deal. But most likely, this will just end up being another optic for another yet another gun.

Thnx for input guys.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 8:56:57 PM EDT
[#12]
If you are getting the Comp ACOG for less than $400, there is no way you are going to loose money if you decide to sell it. I would venture to guess that if you put it up for sale for the same EXCAT price you pay in total, it would sell within a day. But I bet that you will like it and not sell it, even after you get the TA31.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh now this is classic...

The (previously) $394 ACOG is now on [red]Sale![/red] for $550. The [red]Sale![/red] ends December 5th, but they're out of stock, and won't accept backorders. Expected to be in stock on January 1st.

Good thing I have a printout of the webpage, printout of the invoice screen, and 2 emails with the old price on it.

Hope they don't try to reneg on that price.

I wonder if that's their cost...?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:16:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Ahhhhh... blast from the past.

I finally got resolution on this "deal". Bah.

About a week or two ago, they mailed me and said that the manufacturer was too busy with military orders, and that they would not be recieving any scopes from them anymore. Thus they decided to cancel my backorder. I was a little ticked, but what could I do if they weren't gonna get any more optics from Trijicon, right?

Well, just on a hunch I checked Tuesday on their website. [r]SURE ENOUGH, 4 FREAKING TA44-2's in stock.[/r]

Oh, I'm ticked. I email them, quoting their earlier correspondance that said they'd not be able to get one at all for me, and then pointed out their website saying there was 4 in stock. I requested that I recieve the quoted $395 price.

Today, I got an email back stating that Trijicon had raised the prices, blah, blah, blah... And that the absoulte best they could do was their "sale price" of $550.00. They now are selling them for $749.99 on their website.

Wellll... looks like I'll be shopping elsewhere from now on. I would have completely understood if, when I ordered this in the first place, they called back and said it was a typo or something.

But, instead, for 4 months, they continued to assure me that they'd ship it ASAP, and that they just couldn't get their hands on one. Then they cancel my order so they can update their website as being in stock, and not have to honor their original price.

This sucks, but on the plus side, I found a nice cheap TA31-F in January from www.arizonagunrunners.com. Even got an 8% discount (think they have this 8% deal going on again, too), which brought it down to nearly Sableco's price (well, their old price... they upped it a lot now).

Anyone want to take them up on this $550 deal? I'll give you the order number and email confirmation they sent on that price, and you can see if they'll ship it out to you instead of me. Heh.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top