Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/1/2002 3:35:18 PM EDT
Has anybody used the Bushnell Holosight II?? Is it as good as the EOTech units? I was checking out one at the local sports shop and really liked it..They were asking $259 for it...Anybody know why its cheeper then the EOTech models?Thanks...
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 4:20:40 PM EDT
[#1]
The reason is because it's not anywhere near as rugged. It has no "roll-bar", etc. The basic design is the same, but the execution is a bit different.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 4:28:26 PM EDT
[#2]
eotech builds them for bushnell. they are the same units.

I have had one on my bushy for 2 years. It's taken some abuse and never missed a beat. I think they are well worth the money. I prefer mine over aimpoints. TO me it is a faster sight.

mike
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
eotech builds them for bushnell. they are the same units.

I have had one on my bushy for 2 years. It's taken some abuse and never missed a beat. I think they are well worth the money. I prefer mine over aimpoints. TO me it is a faster sight.

mike
View Quote

Excuse my ignorance, but Bushnell Holosights and EOTechs are NOT the same.  Yes, they are made by the same company, but the EOTech sight utilizes an aluminum hood and advanced controls.  If I'm wrong, please correct me.  

Also, the original poster listed $259 as the cost of a Bushnell sight.  Well, for a couple dollars more, you can buy an EOTech!  Infact, someone is selling one in the classifieds for $250, delivered.  If you're interested, jump on it!!!  It's a good deal...
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 7:14:02 PM EDT
[#4]
according to the eotech website it depends on the model. The Bushnell is the exact same as the 500 series eotech.

The 510 is the same as the 500 but has the protective cover.

the 550 is the military version. same as 510 but compatible with night vision gear.

I have the 500 series and have shot with both the 500 and the 510. Other than the cover i saw no difference in them.

As for advanced controls you basically have a up and down arrow for brightness control. They also serve as power on and off.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 9:33:55 PM EDT
[#5]
My take on this is; wait for an Eotech on EE.  I got my display unit (never used, just mounted for a display gun) for $250 shipped ... right here on EE.  It's a 511.  I got a chance to compare it with a fellow AR15er's Aimpoint this past weekend and I have to say I like my Eotech better.  That large window really helps.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 6:55:59 PM EDT
[#6]
www.rushusa.com has them on sale for $240 shipped.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 7:23:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey Guys,

The Bushnell sights are being sold at Cheaper than Dirt for $224 right now.  I've never done business with CtD and don't have any experience with the sight but am just passing the price along to you.

[URL]http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?sku=19717&mscssid=5V4E9RNTLKBU8G4R2XD90WQ7XFLM242A[/URL]

Drivie
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I  have a holosight 2 with 1 moa dot that I got last year at this time new for $149.99 from natchez shooters supply it's a great sight don't see how an eotach is worth that much more unless your using it in combat situation
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 10:19:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't believe that you found the Holosight 2 for $150.  That is significantly lower (about $100 less) than any other place that I can locate on the web.  Have any idea where to get it for this price?

Also, the one you have IS the Holosight 2 and not the original Holosight correct?  And $149.99 is not a typo?  Sorry, just curious.

Thanks!

Drivie
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 4:36:32 AM EDT
[#10]
i think the one natchez were selling last year were refurbs. I remember looking at those before i bought mine. Unfort. natchez doesn't sell in alabama damnit!

mike
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:19:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I ordered my holosight 2 last year out of the nov. dec. sale catalog was on sale new not refurbished for $149.95 the at the first of the year they put out their jan. sale catalog and it had refurbihed sights in it I want to say for $169 or $179 can remember for sure but I looked at my bill to verify the price and that it wasn't a refub. told numerous people about the deal no one seemed interested then after I got mine and they saw how it worked they all wanted one I love mine and would buy another one
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 5:28:52 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a Bushnell Hollosight II and I used it with my M-16 especially my 22 LR subgun upper.  I can't comment on other optics but the Hollosight II worked great with my 22LR upper and it was a much cheaper alternative to the better systems.  

I agree that the optic seems rather fragile and if I was betting my life on it, it would be quick to go!  Perhaps some day I will buy better optics but it serves my needs.  For now, this is going to get mounted on my M4 upper as I do like how it works.  

Heck, this is why we use BUIs right.... JUST KIDDING.... but I am serious that mine works just fine even though I wouldn't want to go into combat with it!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top