Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/28/2002 5:36:36 AM EDT
I was wondering if anyone has attempted to mount a compact ACOG on one of the Rock River Arms tactical carry handles.  I have an Aimpoint ML2 mounted now but I think that particular handle was designed for the Aimpoint.

Also, the reason that I want to replace the Aimpoint is because I'm looking ofr something with some magnification so I can reach out a little further.  My eyes aren't that great.  I was considering a compact ACOG with the 3X magnification maybe with a red or amber triangle.

What do you guys think?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 7:12:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Sydney,

The Rock River Arms Tactical Carry Handle is indeed designed to be used with the Aimpoint.  IF you want to mount a compact ACOG, remove the tactical carry handle, and use a Trijicon TA60 Compact ACOG adapter right on the flattop.  

Donnie Pridemore
[url]www.sableco.net[/url]
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 8:28:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Donnie

Thanks for your reply.  I can't remove the handle as it is one of the rifles that has it permanently mounted to the receiver.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 9:01:43 AM EDT
[#3]
DOH! I always thought those Tac Carry handles were a bad idea. I thought the ones that were not removable and actually a part of the upper were even a worse idea. Now you know why. [:(]
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 2:35:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 7:38:53 AM EDT
[#5]
The only negative that you may find from the ACOG if you have eye trouble is that the reticle may be a little hazy for optimum distance accuracy.  I was hoping that I could shoot without glasses with the ACOG and it would provide the "fix" for my eyes.  I still can shoot it accuratly without glasses but if I want to be the most accurate then I need to wear them.  Maybe one day someone will make a snap on lens that will correct the view to my prescription and then I won't have to wear glasses!!  Don't worry that it won't work well though.  I use mine without glasses all the time and have no trouble.    
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top