Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/25/2002 8:34:24 PM EDT
What to use? Are there special ones just for the ACOGS?  Also, I have NO IDEA which model I got, I know these things about it:

It's a Compact ACOG
Amber circle above dark line
Looks to be 1.5x magnification but it may be more, not 4x though.

Has only one number on the whole thing and that it underneath the screws -- "1950".

Anybody know how to know?  No other indication of numbering that matches any vendor I've seen.

Ed
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#1]
The only lense cover I am aware of is the one made by [url]www.scopecoat.com[/url].  It is available either directly from them or from [url]www.midwayusa.com[/url].

The cover made for the compact ACOGs will fit any of the models.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 6:38:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 6:40:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Kevin,

I looked......nothing -- not even faint.

I used the pic you posted as a reference.

The only number even visible is the 1950 on the bottom of the housing.

Ed
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 7:04:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 7:05:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I will see what it measures tonight.  Maybe I'll break out the calipers.

Ed
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 7:47:47 AM EDT
[#6]
my DSA catalog lists Scopecoats for various scopes including ACOG, compact ACOG, ELCAN, C-More...etc
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#7]
The front lens is either close to 1 inch, maybe it is 1".  I'm starting to think it IS 3 power.  But I have zero way of knowing for sure, but I do know it is not easy to keep both eyes open and get a good sight picture so it's probably more than 1.5x.

Ed  
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 8:48:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I use a Butler Creek Tini Bikini scope cover.
It's black rubber, cost about $5.50 and has a lifetime warranty. It works great and blends in with the rest of my black evil rifle. No socks on my ACOG.

Mike
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top