Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/24/2002 5:47:34 PM EDT
The TA31 is soooo expensive! It costs more than the rifle itself! Waaaaaahhh!!! Is it really worth it for a weekend shooter? I like toys, so I might get one, in the future.

What's the point of the Trijicon Tri-power?

How can I mount an Optima or a Dokter optic on the NSN01 backup sight ring? Could I do the same with the TA31?

What if I mount the TA on the carry handle? Do I need a cheekpiece for a better cheekweld?

Doggonit
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 6:03:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I can answer a few of the questions here.

With TA31, you will not need a cheek piece for the carrying handle, it mounts directly to the handle with one or two screws.

TA31 is like a TA01 with a Optima, the BAC works just like a red dot, Ithink mount a Optima to it would be a wate of money.

I don't see much point to a Tri-Power, but it is suppose to new and a hot item once it hit the market.  The prototype I saw I wasn't that impressed with it.

For a weekend shooter, iron would be fine, if you are looking for added precision and you don't want to spend too much, you should look into a IOR M2, or a Weaver 4X, or something similar.  It is not an ACOG, but it is half of the price.  But if you want the best CQB-300+m optic on your weekend, save you money and buy a TA31.

Hope this helps.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top