Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/15/2002 11:32:49 PM EDT
ok - I've been searching around the net but haven't found what I'm looking for.

What the heck it the deal with the certified and non-certified versions of the Leupold CQ/T scopes besides almost $100?

I did find this little bit of bed time reading...

http://www.americanrifleman.org/features/view_feature.asp?ID=777
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 12:22:10 AM EDT
[#1]

Leupold offers the CQ/T in both Commercial and Law Enforcement models. The Commercial model includes a mounting system for the standard AR-15-style carry handle, but the flat top mount is sold separately. It comes with lifetime warranty on optics and mechanics, and a two-year warranty on the electronics. The Law Enforcement Model comes with the flat-top mount, includes a number of mil-spec requirements and a five-year warranty on mechanics and optics and a two-year electronics warranty.

It seems that there are two versions as you indicate. I've seen this kind of thing before in that when people complain about the ruggedness and reliability of a device, the manufacturer will just say I've put a big warranty on the device and if it give you a problem just send it back and we will fix it.

However, that is small consolation when you are in the mountains of "STAN" and UPS doesn't deliver!

Link Posted: 11/16/2002 6:49:16 AM EDT
[#2]
The Certified version has undergone a series of tests to prove that it is reliable under various field type conditions. The uncertified model is the same but has not been tested.
The certified model also comes with a flat top mount, while the other does not.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 8:00:34 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the info.

So... the uncertified one comes with a mount and costs about $100 more.  but the arms #12 costs about $130.  

I was thinking about getting a trijicon reflex II or an aimpoint, then i was thinking about something with some magnification so i was looking at an acog.  but then i can't co-witness or even use irons...  so i was thinking about a variable power scope shooting for a best of both worlds scope.  i looked at the US Optics sn-4 but $1400!!  ACK!!!!  

So I am thinking about the leupold cqt...  starting my research all over again.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 8:44:59 AM EDT
[#4]
If you want to co-witness with an ACOG, think about getting an ACOG or Comp ACOG and mounting it to a removable carry handle. This will retain the use of your irons. I think the Comp ACOGs are better mounted this way because they are smaller and sit lower to the handle. I'd take one of those, any one of those, over a CQ/T any day of the week, and hour ofthe day, any minute of the hour. I really dislike the CQ/T. Good idea done all wrong.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top