Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/10/2002 2:05:50 PM EDT
I have an armalite with a flat top upper and flat top front site rail. I need the sights that will attach to the rails in teh front and back, where do I find them? Please include websites where applicable:) Thanks
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Get out the credit cards.

Mounting Solutions

(Edited to correct link)

I have been having trouble accessing this sight, but give it a try.
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you want plain detachable sights or flip up sights?For plain sights you can go anywhere
www.bushmaster.com
www.armalite.comor any of the dealers under links on the home page.

For flip up detachable there's not a whole lot of choices
www.gggaz.com
www.armsmounts.com
www.knightsarmament.com
or the dealers on the links pages.

Link Posted: 11/15/2002 11:20:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an Armalite 16" carbine with rails fore and aft and I put a SIR with an ARMS #40 on the back and GG&G front flip up for a dove tailed gas block on the front.  I had to crank the front sight all the way down to get zero (50 M) and I use and Aimpoint on the forward on the SIR rail.  It is functional for me and fast if I have to change.  The GG&G is made for the armalite gas block.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 3:45:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have an Armalite 16" carbine with rails fore and aft and I put a SIR with an ARMS #40 on the back and GG&G front flip up for a dove tailed gas block on the front.  I had to crank the front sight all the way down to get zero (50 M) and I use and Aimpoint on the forward on the SIR rail.  It is functional for me and fast if I have to change.  The GG&G is made for the armalite gas block.  

How do you like the GG&G?Does it lock in the down position or just in the up position?I have the same weapon as you,ARMS 40 on back and I need a front flip up.Thanx
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 1:01:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I really like it.  It doesn't really lock into the up position.  It is more of a spring loaded ball that holds it up.  It is very secure when it is up.  It doesn't have a lock in the down position.  I would highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 2:34:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It doesn't really lock into the up position...

I have a BN GG&G flip-up front and it *does* lock in the "up" position, with a notch for a pushbutton, in addition to the ball & detents.

It does not lock in the "down" position.

BTW: The pushbutton is small and can be difficult to depress with a fingernail.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top