Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2002 5:07:16 PM EDT
What mounts will I need to mount a scope with a 50mm objective to a flat top AR?  Im all of a sudden worried it will need to be mounted too high to be comfortable.  Should I have gone with the 40mm obj?  There is still time the 50mm objective scope is still in the mail.
Thanks,
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 7:47:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I would recommend you look at the #22 rings from ARMS. The high rings should give you enough clearance to mount that 50mm to the flat top and still allow a good cheek weld. As these, and many other quality rings, are for 30mm scope tubes, you may need 30mm to 1" conversion rings.
To really help, please tell us what type of scope you are purchasing (eye relief varies) and what type of handguards you have (that 50mm bell will clear some but not others).
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 3:54:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Leupold Vari-X III 4.5-14 50mm on a Bushmaster Varminter which comes with 1/2" scope risers.
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 4:19:35 AM EDT
[#3]
You shouldn't have any problem mounting 50mm on the varminter with the risers. I have a 44mm on mine without the risers and it fits great.

I currently have Weaver thumbscrew mounts but want to get one of the lever type, quick release mounts.

Do you or anyone else have suggestions and/or links?
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 6:39:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Armalite mount - not cheap - but good.
Gets your scope high enough -lots of room
to adjust eye relief.

armalite.com/
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 7:39:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Just ordered the Armalite mount to use with a Leupold 4.5x14 50mm Long Range Tactical..  :)
Can't wait to get it. It's going on a Bushmaster Varminter.
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 5:30:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I set up my Bushy today with an ArmaLite 1" ring mount and a 4.5x14x40mm Leupy V-XIII.  The results?

Wow!

It looks great, fits better, and the eye relief is perfect.  I'll try to post a pic soon.
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I got spend happpy and bought a B-Square mount that looks similar to the Armalite.  I'd not heard of them.  Does anyone have experience with them?
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 9:48:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Who has the best deal on the Armalite Mount?
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 9:27:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quantico $75
http://www.quanticoarms.com/armalite/armaliteAccessories.htm
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top