Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/6/2002 10:29:04 AM EDT
I am looking for opinions on the best mount to attach an Aimpoint M68 onto an M4 (either on the flattop or the RIS/RAS). Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I would highly suggest mounting your M68 on your flat top receiver.  that being said, below is a list of excellent M68 mount.

ARMS #22/M68, usually used with an one inch spacer or AMRMS #38 SWAM sleeve,

KAC catilever or straight mount, mount directly to your receiver

GG&G cantilever or straight mount with spare battery compartment. this canti mount has to be the best of all the mount available for direct mount to receiver, the straight mount should be mounted to a FIRE rail.

PRI makes a light weight and excellent straight mount.

Aimpoint rail grabber is a excellent choice, also used by the military. adding the space to the mount is a good idea.

what ever you pick, just remember you will get what you paid for, all the mounts above will serve you right and delivery years of reliable service and decent retun to zero ability.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a ARMS #22M68 Aimpoint M2/ML2 Ring Throw Lever Mount.  Works great, tight fit, very well made.  I believe its the USGI mount.

Contact Donnie at Sableco for prices

www.sableco.net
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Target acquisition, speed, and transisition are best with this sight mounted as far forward as possible.  This means literally right behind the front sight (provided there's no laser there).  Doing this with the old handled M4 is pretty easy, just use the ARMS #39A2Plus mount out over the handbuards and mount the the sight to the rail with the standard Aimpoint Quick Release mount.

On a flattop you can use the ARMS "Extended Swan Sleeve" to the same effect.  You'll need a backup iron rear sight as well, some models may come with these, I've not looked at these lately.

Or the SIR System.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 4:31:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Or the SIR System.

-- Chuck

Here is a pic from the ARMS site to show what it looks like mounted on the SIR.

Link Posted: 11/8/2002 6:16:38 AM EDT
[#5]
If the rubber covers are rotated they'll flip flat down rather than sticking up in the field of view.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 7:31:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top