Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/1/2002 11:53:05 AM EDT
hello there guys,

Does anybody have a first hand experience with Triji Compact ACOG, like its drawback, performance to 100 yards, resolution? Would appreciate it.

Happy shootings!!!!

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Blueshark,

It may be helpful if you narrowed your request.  There are four major variants of compact ACOG.  I have the 3x with the crosshairs.  I like it very much from 50 out to 200 yards.  From 0-50 yards you would be better served with a 1X ACOG.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got the TA50-2 3x amber triangle compact ACOG setup on the carryhandle of my 20" gov't profile lightweight AR.

It's an excellent tactical site.  I've used it on a gov't pop-up range from 25 to 500 meters and got my best scores ever the first time out.

The 3x is a little much for the 25m targets.  If you are only shooting 2 legged creatures out to 100 yards, a Reflex II 12.5 moa triangle would probably be a better, and cheaper, bet.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys! I am still considering the compact acog and the TA01NSN. A bit pricey but!!!!!

Again, will you and other guys out there, be kind enough to give me insights on this one before I regret this purchase?

Thanks a Bunch

Stay Safe!!
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I too have the 3x with crosshairs and can pick off clay pigeons at 100 yards with ease (on the ground not in the air!). The rifle will shoot to it’s limit of accuracy with this scope at any reasonable range that you ought to be putting a 62 grain bullet into medium size game.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#5]
The major draw back, other than it's $600 price tag is eye relief. This scope is designed to be shot off hand - not prone on a bench and with the shooters nose to the charging handle. Some find that the relief isn't enough for them, I like mine just fine.

I had a 2X and traded it in to a 3x after finding the 3x eye relief was fine for me. The extra bit of magnification helps.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top