Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2002 1:22:27 PM EDT
I found a good deal on a Bushnell Holosight, what is the difference in it and the eotech?
Thanks
Bryan
www.aimsurplus.com
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Bushnell is made by EOTech, it is just not to the tighter spec requirement as dictated by EOTech.  This way Bushnell can sell their veriosn of the holosight cheaper, and to a different market.  The Bushnell version is basically the EOTech 500 series, which is not their more durable mil-spec 550 series. as far as the 500 series vs. the Bushnell, the 500 series will have tighter specs.  

For the amount you apy for the Bushnell holosight, it is a great buy for a general range shooting/plinking optic. the Bushnell will serve you very well.

As far as a serious fighting rifel, I would suggest tegh EOTech 500 series or the 550 mil-spec optic.

Hope this helps.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#2]
The only thing I am fighting is calories:)
Its just for shooting tin cans, thanks for your help.  
Bryan
www.aimsurplus.com
BTW...I heard you can get a protective guard or something.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, for serious Calorie fighting, the Bushnell holosight is perfect.  

Buy the protective cover, it looks b etter, and it help protect your optic.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 6:15:43 PM EDT
[#4]
What are you calling a good buy?  Just curious.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 8:18:36 PM EDT
[#5]
anybody know if original holo sight's recticle can be changed like the holo2's? I might get a chance to get used one but most likly going to be old one. Not seen it yet.I dont like dot in circle recticle, i like the dot only.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 8:03:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Under $200 for a non-refurb.   Where do you get the cover at?
Bryan
www.aimsurplus.com
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 8:05:31 AM EDT
[#7]
You can change the reticle on the 1st Gen Holosight, but not the latest Gen holosight.  

Both the EOtech and the Bushnell are good buys, it all depends on your application.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 7:10:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Are they available as far as getting a dot only recticle for holosight(1). Who has them. So far i found nothing.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got a Bushy A3, I want to take off the carry handle & add a riser which will allow a EOtech, which riser will be high enough to put the EO to view above the front iron sight ?
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#10]
ARMarksMan, have you already tried it without the risers?  It is very convenient to mount a flip up Backup iron sight behind the EoTech and use it in an emergency along with the front sight.  With a riser that will not work.  I thought the front sight would bother me, but not really.  Of course, I have only shot on the range a few times with this setup.  Why not ask some of the users on the board with more experience, if this is why you are considering the riser setup.
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 3:46:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Bushnell $239 delivered
EOTech   $284 "       "
I going to use it just for speed shooting steel plates.
NEW BUSHNELL

How about this monut? it appears the EOTech OR Bushnell would be above the front sight? What do you think?

Link Posted: 11/3/2002 11:40:27 AM EDT
[#12]
ElmerFudd,
          Actually I just didn't want the front sight in the way. Will it be just as accurate mounted on the carry handle for short distance? ( not over 50 yds )
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Gentlemen, the perfect compliment to that Eotech would a BATTLEGRIP. This grip is the most comfortable grip available for AR-15/M4/M16's, and can store virtually any spare battery combination available for ALL your weapon mounted electronics. The quality and materials are aerospace. You must feel this grip to believe it. www.tangodownllc.com
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 8:09:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I am sure the weapon would be just as accurate if the Holosight is mounted on the carry handle.  Just be aware that the point of impact will change slightly at all but the zero distance compared to a normal carry handle iron sight zero, such as 50 yds per the Maryland AR15 improved procedure, which gives line of sight bullet crossover at 50 yards and 200 meters:

groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/improvedbattlesightzero.msnw

This is because the sight will sit another inch or so above the carry handle.  This will cause the bullet to arch higher in its ballistic trajectory.  You could check the bullet crossover with your setup using a ballistics program.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top