Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2002 6:53:52 AM EDT
Has anyone tried this scope out yet?  If so, are the target adjustments positive and repeatable like the Leupolds or are they somewhat mushy?  I was thinking of setting one up on a QD mount for a 16" HBAR that is used mainly for informal target shooting at 100 to 500 yards.  Generally I use an Aimpoint Comp M, but wanted a scope with more precision for load development and long range shots.  I do not really want to shell out for an ACOG or Leupold right now.  Any mount or other scope suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 3:58:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a B&L 4200 Elite 2.5X10 40MM scope for my flat top 16" AR.

Very bright, very sharp..mounted in ARMS flip-locks.

Adjustments are decent..not as sharp as I'd like and I think they are 1/4 minute.

Seems to hold its adjustment thru sessions. For what it is..I am very pleased. Though finer target-grade knobs would be better for my competition shooting.

For the money...an excellent value.

Link Posted: 10/31/2002 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#2]
The B&L TAC 10x's are a great scope - fine precise clicks 1/4 MOA - they have not been made for a while but a still a good buy.
Do not confuse it with the Bushnell or B&L Elites - it is a great deal better.

I had one for over ten years before I deicde to go completely Leupold M3LR and MkIV M3 - same system easier to remember.

Link Posted: 11/1/2002 5:51:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, that was exactly the info I was looking for!  The new Bushnell Elite looks a lot like the B & L TAC 10 that I've seen used in gun tests for years, but I wasn't sure it was the same scope.  Since you seldom see these is gun shops, its hard to know what you are getting before you buy it.  Any thoughts on choosing between an ACOG or 3.5-10X Leupold M1 for this one?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top