Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/24/2002 8:42:22 PM EDT
I just received my Aimpoint M2 and I love it.  However, from what I understood, if the sight is held steady, the dot is supposed to be centered on the target, regardless of the angle in which you are looking through the tube.  But when I shift my view angle, the dot moves slightly.  What gives?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 9:07:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Aimpoint is parralex free, this means the dot can be on any point of the lens, as long as you place the dot(anywhere on the lens of the Aimpoint) on the target you plan to engage, you will hit it(that is you zero your gun).  regardless the angle you are looking through the tube, as long as the dot is place on the target, you are good to go.  regardless what angle, the dot will not cneter itself on the target or the optics.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 10:53:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I understand the concept behind a scope being parallax free, but what I'm saying is that it appears that mine isn't.  The dot shifts depending on the angle through which I look in the scope.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 11:32:33 PM EDT
[#3]
That behaviour is nominal; as you move the rifle, the dot *MUST* move in order to show the new direction the rifle is pointing in.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 11:35:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, but my rifle is stationary.  Only my head is moving.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:30:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Put it this way, the dot is moving, but it's staying on the target isnt it?  Thats what you want it to do. The dot stays on target if you are looking right through the center or off to the side. In order to do that, it has to move.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:37:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Think about it this way.  The dot MUST be DIRECTLY between your eye and the target.  If you move your head to the side it has to move or it wouldnt be DIRECTLY in front of your eye anymore would it?  It would be a little bit to the side.  If it stayed still it would appear to move in relation to the target as you shifted your point of view and THAT is paralax.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 9:04:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Alou,

Go shoot it, your Aimpoint is working properly.  Take our words, you will understand after you actually shoot the gun with the Aimpoint and see the difference.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#8]
What I'm unsuccessfully trying to say is that I know that the dot is supposed to move BUT it should still stay on target.  However, it appears as though my dot is moving but is NOT staying on target.  I'm not able to try out my new toy as it has been raining in Houston for over a week.  But once it clears up......
Thanks for the help guys.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top