Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2002 6:28:21 PM EDT
Which would you want?I know ta11 has much better eye relief do we care?I actually had a ta11 and before i ever mounted and shot with it i decided that the bindon concept was wack.I took it back a week later and ordered a SN-4.Now for another rifle i ordered I'm wondering if i should of given it a chance.I know i didnt like how long it took me to find targets close or far quickly in competition with a NSN acog, or should i waite for a possible variable acog that rumor has it in the works.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you mean the Bindon concept was wack?  Also what does having a NSN ACOG have to do with anything?  Its not BAC nor is it adjustable which is what you are discussing right?  The TA11 is geared more toward CQB where the TA31 is geared more for long distance shooting.  Which is more important to you?  The TA31 has greater magnification but the magnified field of view obscures more of your unmagnified view.  Its also more sensitive to proper head/eye positioning.  The TA11 has a greater exit pupil which allows your head to be out of position a bit more before losing your sight picture which is important for snap shooting or shooting from akward angles.  The smaller field of view and increased eye relief means less magnified field of view is obscuring your unmagnified view (smaller occluded area)
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:24:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Devl.wack is, the thougt that the bac concept didnt have as much merit for me as was proclamed by others. After only playing with it in the house i now believe i should of gave it a better chance as i explained.The reference to the NSN was a attempt to let readers know not to reccomend this option for those who might prefer it over the two in question.However the info you have provided is very helpful to me in that snap shooting and head/eye position being out of position is a constant during the match i shoot.Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:45:49 PM EDT
[#3]
It takes spending some time behind a BAC ACOG for you to really start to get accustomed to it. After only a week you're still at the stage where you see what it is they mean, but still are struggling with it.

I am fortunate not to be bothered by short eye relief. If you arent either, I would always recomend TA31. If you are a little sensitive to eye relief, TA11 is an easy choice.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 11:57:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm struggling with this exact same situation.
Does anyone know why the TA11 costs more then the TA31?

I'm a real novice when it comes to scopes. So forgive my ignorance. Isn't the 3.5x vs. 4x magnification a very small amount?
I'm thinking a more liberal eye relief would be a bigger bonus along with the slightly larger 35 vs. 32 exit lens.

Also for your consideration. The TA11 weighs more and is longer.

TA11 3.5x35 ($840.00) -- sableco
Weight: 14 oz
Length: 8"

TA31 4x32 ($775.00) -- sableco
Weight: 9.9 oz
Length: 5.5"

What would be the best mount for the TA11 for a SIR rail? The more liberal eye relief might be more forgiving with the slightly higher mount.
Thoughts? Sorry to hijack your thread. -Steve
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top