Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2002 11:23:08 PM EDT
... ACOG TAO1NSN

Really wanted to mount a folded ARMS #40 but at 0.950" it is just a bit tall.

Any good ideas on a flip up back-up rear sight?
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 1:47:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I was hoping that combo would fit.
You can use the flip-up meant to go on it, the Knights 300meter type. I suppose the 600 will fit too...I'm currently gathering all this info myself for a build.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 6:36:55 AM EDT
[#2]
If you really want to use the ARMS #40 with the TAO1nsn, just buy the ARMS #19ACOG mount for the scope. When you use it instead of the mount it comes with, it raises the optic just high enoug to fit the #40.

If you dont want to buy the ARMS #19ACOG mount, then almost any other flip up rear will work. The GG&G MAD, GG&G A2, KAC 600m, and KAC 300m all fit under the TAO1nsn.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 7:36:58 AM EDT
[#3]
if you really want to fit an arms40 under the ta01(w/ the original flat top mount) it can be done- if you are willing to carefully file a small flat under the eyepiece on the trij.

i did. can't find the pics without search though.

you should only need to remove about 1/16 of material (mostly the forging seam). touch up with aluminum black.
otherwise get the arms throw-lever base.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 7:43:36 PM EDT
[#4]
... Very good stuff guys! Thanks.

You guys always have the answers
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#5]
... ended up ordering one of these today.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Could You post or email me a pic of you rifle with the acog and gg&g? I have the same setup and im trying to decide what BUIS to get.
          Thanks, FREE
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top