Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2002 7:02:50 PM EDT
I'm trying to find the "BEST" scope to use on my Colt 9mm subgun.  It's a Colt upper with the standard fixed 9mm (A1/A2) handle.  The main purpose of the gun is for subgun matches and competition.  So I need a scope with a FAST target acquisition that can be used in bright and normal daytime conditions.  Night use is not necessary!  Basically, I want a scope that shows a red dot or reticle and THAT IS WHERE THE BULLET WILL END UP!  Of the scopes I'm considering are EOTech, Aimpoint, Trijicon and C-More.  Also, what is the best way to mount this to my fixed handle upper ?  Thanks for the info!

Link Posted: 10/20/2002 12:11:31 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll not go wrong with an Aimpoint. A forward "goose neck" carry handle mount will put the sight over the handguards like a scout rifle.

Link Posted: 10/20/2002 1:05:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you shouldgo with the aimpoint, as it is well tested, and you know you are getting a good product.
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm using aimpoint on my sub gun for competition and have no plans to change .My thinking is if the S--T hits the fan this is the gun i grab and aimpoint has been in the field proven longer than EOtech which i use and wont washout like reflex which i use to use and is built stronger than C-Moore and doc sight which i have also used on other guns.I agree with paul if you have a fixed handle for mount.However they all will speed your time up for competition and you might look at trijicons new sight if round retical is not important.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top