Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/16/2002 3:42:10 AM EDT
Thinking of mounting an ACOG TA01 NSN on top of a ARMS #38 Swan Sleeve.  Can the scope be mounted to the rear enough for proper eye relief without creeping up on the scope?
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 8:39:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got just this set up and think its' fine.  I have no eye relief issues but you're not going to deploy the flip up rear sight without dismounting the ACOG.  I know the NSN is meant to be mounted on the flat rail but jeez, close enough!  It's BDC is also graduated for use with 62 grain ammo out of a 14.5" barrel (which I do) but I don't see any problems out to 300 meters by mounting it a fraction of an inch higher.  As always YMMV...
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 7:13:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a TA31 mounted on top of a ARMS SIR, its not exactly what you are talking about, but it is close. Yes, it will work ok if you need it to. My question would be, however, why would you use the ARMS #38 rail at all? It really wont be serving a purpose?
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 3:26:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I want to use the ARMS 38 because I could remove the ACOG and have iron sights to use.  Also, I keep hearing that the #38 sleeve will protect the upper when the scope is removed and replaced repeatedly.
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 5:59:49 AM EDT
[#5]
My suggestion would be to skip the sleeve all together. Just buy an ARMS #40 BUIS. This is the EXACT same sight that is on the #38 sleeve. But it is the sight only. Then put your ACOG directly to the flat top either on the standard TA51 mount, or a ARMS #19ACOG mount. If you want to remove thge ACOG to use the iron sights, just loosen the knobs on the TA51, or use the throw levers on the #19ACOG mount and the optic is off, out of your way. No need for a sleeve to accomplish that task. You really dont need the sleeve to protect the rail IMHO. For the most part your're going to have the BUIS and the ACOG on there most times and nothing is going to happen to the uppers rail with those attatchments.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top