Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/15/2002 10:49:04 AM EDT
Who makes one that will fit the A3 removable carry handle?

Bushmaster has the ARMS #39A2 Bi Level, but it specifically states that it cannot be used with a removable carry handle.

Anyone out there have a carry handle mount suitable for the removable carry handle? Pics would be great. I intend to mount an aimpoint Comp M with an ARMS#22M68 directly over the carry handle. I like the carry handle and don't like the flip up sights, nor do I want the expense of purchasing extra sights.

Thanks!
RED
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:18:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Got a carry handle?  Don't like flip-ups or expensive add-on sights?

Then there is a solution.  One which is widely used.

First mount the aimpoint on the front part of your flattop.  Next mount your cut-down carryhandle BEHIND the aimpoint.

That's right I said 'Cut Down' - its easy to do and you already have the part.

It allows the sights to co-witness, and prevents that silliness of putting a mount on top of a detachable carry handle (why get a flattop if you're going to do that?)

Its easy to do, just check this article out: groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/chopacarryhandle.msnw
Link Posted: 10/17/2002 11:32:28 AM EDT
[#2]
If you want to keep the full carry handle, there is at least one option.  The removable carry handle is thicker at the front so the arms mount will not work if you want to use the clamp.  Also, the radius on a removable handle is tighter than on a fixed handle, which in turn will not allow the top of the gooseneck mount to slide back far enough in the groove of the handle, thereby not allowing the holes to line up for the thumbscrew.

The mount that aimpoint makes is probably the cheapest forward mount out there, and it does not clamp around the front so that won't be an issue.  You would have to take a dremel to it on the inside radius of the mount to make the radius tighter, allowing it to fit the carry handle properly.  Since the aimpoint mount is pretty cheap, if you screw it up some, you are not out of a lot of money.  PRI and a few other companies make forward mounts that might fit, but I have no experience with them and they are going to probably cost a heck of a lot.

Otherwise, Forest's option is a good one, if you don't need the carry handle feature on your rifle.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top