User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/12/2002 11:44:29 AM EDT
Is anyone familiar with the C-More systems Tactical
sight? Is it any good?
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 1:08:21 PM EDT
[#1]
The C-more sight began as an IPSC pistol sight and has made it's way into the rifle sight market.  It is a well made sight.

That being said, I hate the blamed things.  I have owned three of them because I keep forgetting why I hate them.  The true reason I find them less than appealing is because they are next to impossible to zero.  The elevation and windage do not have positive adjustments, and they use set screws to hold zero.  Unfortunately, when you tighten the set screws, it changes the POI, and you have to start all over again.  They also seem to be "less rugged" than other red-dot optics on the market, especially in that price range. I would opt for the Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 1:15:09 PM EDT
[#2]
EoTech
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Theres a very good reason you see Aimpoints, Trijicon Reflex and Eotechs on the Spec Ops guys M4's.  They are all high quality, durable and usable.  The C-more's are for game guns at best.  Plastic on handguards is fine, but not for the majority of what you optics are made out of.  The "projector" that puts the dot on the reticle could be blocked by a tiny amount of debris, especially since its open and exposed.  And as stated above, good luck zeroing the thing.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 1:23:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info. You just saved me $300.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top