Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2002 7:24:05 AM EDT

Using a Bushnell holosight on a flattop m4gery, I've been getting a consistent spot of fogging/condensation on the inside of my holosight. The fogging appears as a 5mm wide streak on the inside of the front window, and almost always at the same point in time during a range session. As I let the receiver cool, the fog fades away.

This leads me to believe that the heat of the upper receiver, when adequate, heats the holosight enough to cause moisture inside(!) the holosight to condense on the interior of the glass, due to the temperature difference with the outside air. Humidity conditions have no effect on this.

I also see "spots" of some type on the interior of the glass - and given that these sights are supposed to be sealed, I'm a bit curious as to how anything could get in there. I'm guessing the seal has been ruptured somehow.
Which is odd, since I treat my stuff with the utmost care.

Anyone else ever have this happen?

Just soliciting opinions before I get it serviced. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Link Posted: 10/15/2002 1:56:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a condensation problem inside mine in the rain (nothing quite like shooting in the rain at the range when you're not even being paid for it!).  I sent it back to EOTech and they serviced or replaced it.  It was obviously not sealed and nitrogen purged properly.  I checked it in a hot, steamy shower when I got it back - good to go (although the wife was not amused).
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 2:13:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Call EOTech, they will try to solve your Bushnell problem for you.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top