Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2002 2:18:59 AM EDT
Have any of you used the C-More sight for your A-3? CDNN is selling them for $299.00. I shoot High Power with my irons but am looking for something to mount directly to the flattop where I can shoot both eyes open. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 2:29:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I was tempted to buy one about four years ago. As I recall, criticism was placed on it it's high list price at the time, inapproprtate design for tactical use and power consumption. The design flaws noted were the open 'lens' that could easily be obscured with dirt, dust or mud, and the design and placement of the windage and elevation knobs.

I really loved the idea that a Colt rear sight assembly was built into the design.

At this price I think I'll get one myself.
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 6:21:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Two of the biggest issues with this sight were it was a pain to zero. The adjustments had no clicks at all, so it was just a move it a little this way, a little that way and make guesses. Then... once you had it zero'd you have to lock the zero in. When you applied the lock, it adjusted the settings and you were off your zero again. There are many other optics available at closr to the same price which are much more durable, and easier to work with. (Aimpoint, Reflex, EoTech)
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 7:41:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Two of the biggest issues with this sight were it was a pain to zero. The adjustments had no clicks at all, so it was just a move it a little this way, a little that way and make guesses. Then... once you had it zero'd you have to lock the zero in. When you applied the lock, it adjusted the settings and you were off your zero again. There are many other optics available at closr to the same price which are much more durable, and easier to work with. (Aimpoint, Reflex, EoTech)

2nd the EOtech
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a C-More, Aimpoint, and EOTech sight on each of my three ARs.  I like them all.  I haven't shot with the EOTech yet (just arrived today), but I like its looks and function so far.  I like the C-More because it doesn't feel like you're looking through a tube.  Same with the EOTech.  You really can't go wrong with any of them.  The best thing to do is check them out on someone else's dime at the range, or at a gun show.  See what works best for you before you take the plunge.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 10:54:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Shark, if you feel like you are looking through a tube with the Aimpiont, then it probably isnt forward mounted like it should be.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 2:21:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the input everyone. I am looking at the aimpont also. I used to have a gilmore sight about 5 years ago mounted to the handle which was quite nice but now I'm looking for something that can go on the piccatinny rail and then easily removed.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 12:22:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Shark, if you feel like you are looking through a tube with the Aimpiont, then it probably isnt forward mounted like it should be.

I should have been more detailed--I have the 2x model 5000 carry handle mounted.  It really is a "scope" in the stricktest sense of the term, so it SHOULD be like looking through a tube.

Good point on the 1x Aimpoints though.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#8]
New-arguy is ABSOLUTELY correct.  The c-more is next-to-impossible to zero on a rifle.  His description of how the windage/elevation adjustments behave is dead on the money.

I dumped mine for a Comp M.  Buy something else!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top