Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/1/2002 7:42:56 PM EDT
Does anybody own a HOLOsight? I've been thinking to get one, but the price tag has turned me away. What do you think of it?
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Bushnell HOLOsight mounted on an Uzi and am happy with it.  Field of view is great and the dot in a circle (standard reticle) allows for fast target pickup.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#2]
A great set up. I have one on a flat top AR.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 8:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Had a HoloSight mounted for a short while on an ARMS SIRS. Found I couldn't cowitness with the ARMS #40 backup iron sight. Returned HoloSight. The reticle is very useful and easy to use, but the inability to cowitness with my backup sights killed it for me.

Glenn
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 9:50:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been using an EOTech HDS (actually, two) for a few years and have been very happy with them.  When mounted on an AR15/M16 flat top, the iron sights can be used by looking directly through the window.  I have used GGG MAD, GGG flip up, ARMS#40 and DPMS fixed rear sights with the EOTech and they fit and function fine.  If you want something cheaper, they are available.  You do get what you pay for.  About the only other sight I will use is the Aimpoint.  eotech-inc.com/tactical/mainframe.html
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
A great set up. I have one on a flat top AR.

Same here...on my 2001 LEGP...love the Holosight.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top