Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/22/2002 2:26:50 AM EDT
I have a bushmaster varminter on order as was wondering if anyone would offer a suggestion on what the best bet might be on a scope for this rifle. I don't mind spending money on a good scope however I really hate the idea of spending a ton of cash just to buy the name brand. I appreciate all comments and ideas. thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 7:22:51 AM EDT
[#1]

www.sampllist.com

It is SWFA's used, demo, clearance page. I picked up a Leupold M-1 long range with the mildot reticle for $608.00 delivered because they said it had ring marks. It looked new to me. Anyway look on there. Once you pick an optic you can go through the chore of rings and mount selection.

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 12:32:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Leupold 3.5-10x40 L/R M3 & A.R.M.S. #19A (not ACOG) & A.R.M.S. #21 STANAG

Link Posted: 9/22/2002 8:44:42 PM EDT
[#3]
GI_BRAT

Which rings are those? I wasn't aware that ARMS made any other track rings than the #35. Also do you like the scope that far back? I went with the 35 QD base and put it as far forward as I can get it.

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 8:59:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Colt HBAR Elite with a Leupold 6.5-20x40ao.  If its for varminting and not a SHTF gun, that M3 is overkill.  

Here's my DPMS shorty varminter with a Leupold 4.5-14x50, which I highly recommend.

In my opinion, if its for varminting, scope it for such.  The 4.5-14 is a great dual purpose varminter/tactical scope.  The 6.5-20 leans more towards the varminter role, but you'll appreciate it more on those longer shots and when you're playing at the range.

If you're on a budget, you can find a Nikon 6.5-20x44AO for under $400.  I had one on my 40xc and only switched it off because I bought another Leupold with a target dot.
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 3:42:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
GI_BRAT

Which rings are those? I wasn't aware that ARMS made any other track rings than the #35. Also do you like the scope that far back? I went with the 35 QD base and put it as far forward as I can get it.

IPSC_GUY sends

Actually the mounting system is two pieces, A.R.M.S #19A (not ACOG)Base & #21 STANG Rings. No problems with the scope mounted that far back.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top