Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2002 1:12:42 AM EDT
I've got a Reflex on the Trijicon carry handle mount.  I came back from the range this past Friday and noticed that there's movement in the outer housing.  

If I'm sighting the weapon, I reach up and grab the Reflex itself with my non-firing hand, and tilt the outer housing off to the right side as if I'm trying to "hinge" it off, and it moves about 1/32".  A slight but perceptible movement, and the aiming point moves too.

I'll be sending it back to Trijicon, but I was curious if anyone else had this problem, and if you did, what did you do about it?

Thanks!

Chris
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#1]
This was mentioned in a previouse thread (long time ago) IIRC the person sent it back to Trijicon as well.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
This was mentioned in a previouse thread (long time ago) IIRC the person sent it back to Trijicon as well.

I too remember that thread and that the poster sent it back, but I couldn't find it in a search.

I was hoping that someone was able to repair it on their own, but I guess not.

Thanks for the reply.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 4:54:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Our unit was using the ACOG reflex but did away with them as they were falling apart. The polarizing filter was glued on and fell off and the screws were rusting after only a short time. We are now using the Aimpoint, EOtech and ACOG TA01NSN ( no problems with this model )
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 5:23:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got off the phone with Carrie at Trijicon.  She said that movement to some degree is possible with the outer housing, and this is not a problem unless the sights zero cannot be maintained.

I did mention to her that my other Reflex doesn't have movement.

I'm going to shoot it this Tuesday, then get back to her if it doesn't hold zero.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 5:26:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Our unit was using the ACOG reflex but did away with them as they were falling apart. The polarizing filter was glued on and fell off and the screws were rusting after only a short time. We are now using the Aimpoint, EOtech and ACOG TA01NSN ( no problems with this model )

I agree that the polarizing filter is pretty flimsy, which is why I only use them to hold the rubber cover on during storage.

About the screws rusting - are you referring to mount screws?

Chris
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 6:05:58 AM EDT
[#6]
No problem with mine .

Dump the polerizer , get the flashkill .
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 5:00:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Chris, the rusting screws on our Reflexes were the ones that attached the flat top mount to the Reflex sight.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top